From TikTok to Linkedin, we list the native aspect ratios for the most popular social media.
Keeping up with social media video size requirements can be time-consuming, but it's crucial for successful video marketing. Here's a simplified summary of the aspect ratios you should consider for popular social media platforms as of November 2023:
- Organic video posts: Facebook supports all video ratios from 16:9 to 9:16 though, with the recommended video aspect ratio being 4:5 (ideal for mobile viewing).
- Facebook Stories: Aspect ratio may vary but Vertical (9:16) is the standard.
- Video ads: Various aspect ratios depending on placement.
- Organic video posts: The recommended ratio for Instagram videos is 4:5, though landscape (16:9) and portrait (9:16) aspect ratios can be used as well.
- Video ads: Similar to organic posts.
- Carousel video ads: Square format (1:1).
- Instagram Stories: Vertical (9:16) aspect ratio.
- IGTV: Vertical (9:16) aspect ratio.
- Standard videos: Various aspect ratios are supported but 16:9 (landscape) is recommended.
- Shorts: Videos must be in a vertical orientation with a 9:16 aspect ratio.
- TikTok, known for its short-form video content, offers users the flexibility to upload videos in both portrait and landscape orientations. Portrait videos align with the platform's norm and are more likely to be favored by TikTok's algorithm.
- While not optimal, you can also use 16:9 (landscape) videos. TikTok will ask viewers to rotate their screens to watch the video as the author intended it.
- Twitter/X videos support 16:9 (landscape) and 1:1 (portrait) aspect ratios for organic posts and paid ads.
- Linkedin supports various aspect ratios for different formats but for organic video posts and ads, it’s best to use 1:1(square) or 4:5 aspect ratio videos.
- Organic posts: Square (1:1), vertical (9:16), and portrait aspect ratios.
- Video ads: Same as organic posts.
- Organic videos: Vertical (9:16) aspect ratio.
- Video ads: Vertical (9:16) aspect ratio.
Ensuring your videos match these aspect ratios is vital for a seamless user experience and effective brand communication on these platforms. Stay informed to make your videos look their best.